WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Monday, February 21, 2005
Troublesome reporters: I was interviewing for an editing job several years ago at a different newspaper and I was asked which was more important to have in a beat journalist: a good reporter or a good writer. My response that day was I'd rather have a good reporter. Bad writing I can work on -- I can fix it (with varying degrees of effort). But if I've got someone who doesn't know the questions to ask, then I've got more problems -- I've got to keep sending them back to get answers, and eventually people go home for the day and stop answering their phone.

With that in mind, I heartily endorse this story by Steve Hendrix, a Washington Post reporter, entitled: "Why Stevie Can't Spell" -- and he's not talking about his son.

10:10 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™