WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Tuesday, February 01, 2005
John Kerry: I finally got around to watching Sen. John Kerry's appearance on Sunday's "Meet the Press." I think NBC's decision to interview Kerry and not some Middle East policy expert on the day of the Iraqi elections was odd.

You can find a transcript of the interview here. Lots of bloggers have flogged Kerry over many of the things he said, but one exchange really had me shaking my head -- and wondering if host Tim Russert was paying attention or just going through his list of questions. I've trimmed Kerry's questions of the verbal fat.


MR. RUSSERT: Do you believe that Iraq is less a terrorist threat to the United States now than it was two years ago?

SEN. KERRY: No, it's more. And, in fact, I believe the world is less safe today than it was two and a half years ago.

MR. RUSSERT: Is the United States safer with the newly elected Iraqi government than we would have been with Saddam Hussein?

SEN. KERRY: Sure. And I'm glad Saddam Hussein is gone, and I've said that a hundred times.


Try to wrap your brain around those two conflicting statements -- one right after the other.

We're safer, but Iraq is more of a terrorist threat.

We were in more danger when Iraq was less of a terrorist threat.

That's a little too nuanced for me.

On a related note: Someone noticed that Kerry also confessed to treason in the interview.

1:30 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™