WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Friday, September 24, 2004
Being there: Have I ever mentioned that I was standing on the moon in my spacesuit as I watched Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon back in 1969? Some of you will say that I wasn't yet born, but that's such a trifle.

OK, I confess. I wasn't on the moon that day. Heck, I wasn't even born yet.

But it appears that Sen. John Kerry is coming down with an Al Gore problem -- he makes bald-faced, verifiable lies for effect.

The Captain notes that Kerry in 2001 was peddling the claim that he was present at the signing of the cease-fire that ended the 1991 Gulf War. The problem? All the evidence -- including photographic -- shows that he wasn't there. Just 5 1/2 hours before the signing of the cease fire occurred, Kerry was still at a Boston fund-raiser, according to a Boston Globe article.

It took President Bush far longer than that to get into Baghdad for Thanksgiving last year.

And he accuses President Bush of living in fantasyland?

1:37 PM

Comments:
Well, Matt, there is that persistant rumor about Kerry going there in an SR-71 Blackbird.
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™