WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Wednesday, July 28, 2004
The mainstreaming of Al Sharpton: Al Sharpton is a gifted public speaker. He is also a race-baiter and a hatemonger.

I was talking with a colleague earlier this evening when it seemed like the volume on every TV set in the newsroom was turned up to the max. They weren't, but when Sharpton speaks he's not exactly a shrinking violet.

As I voiced my observation that Sharpton was now addressing the convention, my colleague, an African American, opined that Sharpton was his man.

I confess I wasn't completely surprised at this statement, but I expressed my dismay that man who pushed the Tawana Brawley fraud would be a featured speaker at the Democrat National Convention.

My colleague's reply: "He's harmless."

I mentioned Freddy's Fashion Mart, and he again dismissed Sharpton as "harmless."

Well, tell it to these two people:



Oscar and Maria Marrero lost their daughter, 19-year-old Angelina, when one of Al Sharpton's followers torched Freddy's. Six other innocent workers died that day in 1995 after Sharpton had spent months denouncing "white interlopers."

The conversation further devolved into claims that Brazil is ticked off at the United States and if they boycotted us, we'd be in big trouble. That Switzerland is the richest country in the world per capita, etc.

I had to get back to work, but I'm considering returning tomorrow to announce that the Republicans are having former Ku Klux Klan head David Duke speak at their convention in prime time. I'll be curious to see how he reacts when I dismiss Duke as "harmless."

10:55 PM

Comments:
I've seen Sharpton in full screed mode. I live and work in NY, near Wappingers Falls, home of the Brawley hoax. I saw what he, Maddox and Mason did to the people of this town. I watched some of their "protests" and attended parts of their trial. People I know, even very liberal people, are still very very bitter about what they did. He not only isn't apologetic after losing the slander case, he says he would do it all over again. I've watched parts of the convention, but couldn't last night because he was on. He isn't harmless.
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™