Friday, July 16, 2004
Jay Rockefeller's West Virginia: It really has nothing to do with the junior senator from West Virginia, but it just seemed so appropriate.
BLACKSVILLE, W.Va. (AP) … A man smoking in a portable toilet lit up more than a cigarette.
The potty exploded Tuesday when a buildup of methane gas mixed with the lit cigarette, said a spokeswoman for Monongalia Emergency Medical Services. The methane didn't "take too kindly" to the lit cigarette, she said.
Emergency workers said the man was not severely injured and drove himself to the hospital after the stinky, smoky mess.
Apparently it was a non-smoking toilet.