WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Monday, May 17, 2004
A downside of homeownership: The big upside is, of course, the mortgage interest deduction. Uncle Sam takes a lot less of your hard-earned money when you're paying large amounts of interest.

The downside is getting pre-approved loan checks regularly in the mail. Today I received a check/loan for $1,023.55 (how they came up with that not-round figure I'll never know) from Wells Fargo. I've hated Wells Fargo ever since they decided to sell all of their branches in Western Washington and *poof* leave me requesting to close my account by mail. I received no advance notice of the pull-out. Just went to deposit a check one day, and the branch was just closed.

Anyway, so today I get this "check," which is really a high-interest rate loan (17.99%), that I never asked for. The mailboxes at my condo complex are locked, but what if someone managed to steal this check and cash it? I know I wouldn't be liable for the money, but I'm sure it would cost me time and effort to clear up the whole mess.

They obviously make money off these things, or they wouldn't do it. But this sort of thing just chaps my hide.

Remember: Wells Fargo = EVIL.

10:27 PM

Powered by Blogger Pro™