Wednesday, March 03, 2004
And they say journalism classes are easy: Well, they were pretty easy for me, but former Georgia Bulldogs assistant coach Jim Harrick Jr. makes j-school exams look like particle physics.
Here's Harrick Jr.'s Final Exam for his "Coaching Principles and Strategies of Basketball" course in the fall of 2001:
1. How many goals are on a basketball court?
2. How many players are allowed to play at one time on any
one team in a regulation game?
3. In what league to [sic] the Georgia Bulldogs compete?
b. Big Ten
d. Pac 10
4. What is the name of the coliseum where the Georgia
a. Cameron Indoor Arena
b. Stegeman Coliseum
c. Carrier Dome
d. Pauley Pavilion
5. How many halves are in a college basketball game?
6. How many quarters are in a high school basketball game?
7. How many points does one field goal account for in a
8. How many points does a 3-point field goal account for in
a Basketball Game?
9. How many officials referee a college basketball game?
10. How many teams are in the NCAA Men's Basketball National
11. What is the name of the exam which all high school
seniors in the State of Georgia must pass?
a. Eye Exam
b. How Do The Grits Taste Exam
c. Bug Control Exam
d. Georgia Exit Exam
12. What basic color are the uniforms the Georgia Bulldogs
wear in home games?
3. What basic color are the uniforms the Georgia Bulldogs
wear in away games?
14. How many minutes are played in a college basketball
15. How many minutes are played in a high school basketball
16. Diagram the 3-point line.
17. Diagram the half-court line.
18. How many fouls is a player allowed to have in one
Basketball game before fouling out in that game?
19. If you go on to become a huge coaching success, to whom
will you tribute [sic] the credit?
a. Mike Krzyzewski
b. Bobby Knight
c. John Wooden
d. Jim Harrick Jr.
20. In your opinion, who is the best Division I assistant
coach in the country?
a. Ron Jursa [sic]
b. John Pelphrey
c. Jim Harrick Jr.
d. Steve Wojciechowski
I could've used a class like that to pad my GPA.