WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Tuesday, February 17, 2004
Mel Gibson's "Passion": I watched most of Mel Gibson's interview on ABC last night (I think I missed the first 5-10 minutes) and was impressed. Gibson's description of the flaws in the past and how, by the grace of God, he finally overcame many of them, was inspiring.

I'll see the "Passion" when it comes out -- probably after the crowds die down a little bit. I hate crowded movie theaters.

Anyway, I mention that so I could point you toward this post by MCJ's Christopher Johnson.

I was particularly impressed by the stupidity of former Catholic priest and writer James Carroll:


All of this is to say that death was not the purpose of Jesus' life but only one part of a story that stretches from incarnation at Bethlehem to life as a Jew in Nazareth to preaching in Galilee to a courageous challenge to Roman imperialism in Jerusalem to permanent faith in the God of Israel whose promise is fulfilled in resurrection. In this full context, the death of Jesus can be seen as a full signal of his humanity -- and more. [emphasis added]


Theologians and seminary students, discuss.

12:41 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™