WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Saturday, January 10, 2004
Why Howard Dean is like Charles DeGaulle: When I hear news about the Democrat presidential frontrunner, I often think: "The gall of that man."

Howard Dean's latest comment is Exhibit A for arrogance, hypocrisy and gall.


Howard Dean criticized President Bush on Friday for saying Christianity had influenced his opposition to stem-cell research.

"I think we ought to make scientific decisions, not theological and theoretical decisions," Dr. Dean said at a town-hall-style meeting in Rochester, N.H.


But wait, didn't Dean, just a few days ago, say that he made the decision to sign a civil unions law based on his reading of the Bible?


Dr. Dean made the statement three days after saying that his own religion had guided him in supporting civil unions for gays while governor of Vermont.

He said the difference between his action and Mr. Bush's was in their effects on people.

"I would differentiate it from my support of civil unions." he told reporters in the afternoon, "because I didn't deprive anybody of anything by supporting civil unions. That was really a choice that had to do with, many people would say, morality or ethics. That's a different thing, I think, than applying your religious beliefs, with the result of depriving people really, literally, in some cases, a very long disease-free life as opposed to one that has significant complications."


So, Dean's logic is that you can base a policy position on your personal religious beliefs when...you agree with Howard Dean!

Howard Dean disgusts me, like no other Democrat has in my lifetime. I didn't feel this disgusted by Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Tom Daschle, etc.

If these are the kinds of things that Dean says after "having studied the Bible," then he deserves a big, fat "F." In fact, if he "studied" medicine like he has studied the Bible, I wouldn't let him within 50 feet of me with a tongue depressor.

12:19 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™