WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Tuesday, January 13, 2004
Trivial Pursuit: My Christmas gift from my sister and brother-in-law was the DVD Pop Culture edition of Trivial Pursuit. We played it the other night and, unsurprisingly, I won. The thing that troubled me was the fact that both my parents and my sister and brother-in-law were dismayed by the fact that I knew the name of the bounty hunter who is killed in the Mos Eisley Cantina in the first Star Wars movie.

You grow up as a boy in the '70s and how could you not know everything there is to know about that "wretched hive of scum and villany?"

Anyway, there's not as much multimedia stuff as I would have liked to see on the DVD. We saw a grand total of one video clip during the game. The remainder of the DVD content was reminiscent of early "You Don't Know Jack" computer games with words just making their way across the screen. Unlike some of the other Trivial Pursuit games, this edition is much more party-friendly. People who have minimal interest in trivia games at parties -- the type that prefer Outburst or Cranium -- will enjoy this much more.

10:06 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™