WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Monday, June 30, 2003
Whistler's Mother: This weekend's Financial Times had an article on James McNeill Whistler and a show on the 100th anniversary of the artist's death.

The story interested me because I enjoy Whistler's art and during high school I gave a presentation in my English class on Whistler. The reason I remember the presentation is because it was supposed to run 7 to 9 minutes -- and I talked for 27. No, I hadn't timed it before I gave it. I just figured I would talk until I was finished -- but I didn't think I'd go that long.

Lesson learned: Give someone a heavy object to throw at me if I go over. Cards, lights, etc. don't faze me.

11:33 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™