WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Friday, June 27, 2003
My Guy Strom?: When word came into the newsroom last night that former South Carolina Sen. Strom Thurmond had kicked the bucket, one of the copy editors asked me what I thought about "my guy Strom's" death. I responded that Strom, a segregationist, wasn't really my kind of guy. Though I'm sure we would agree on many things, I'm not the type that would unabashedly with someone who'd supported segregation.

However, one thing I believe that I and Strom would always agree on is a fondness for the ladies.


In 1968, Mr. Thurmond, then 66 and a widower for eight years, married for the second time. His bride, Nancy Moore, a former Miss South Carolina, was 22.

...

Although Mr. Thurmond had been criticized for marrying a woman much younger than he, the marriage produced four children.


Now that's probably the most inspiring thing I'll remember about good ol' Strom.

4:37 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™