WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Thursday, April 10, 2003
I think I've calmed down now: I saw today's video of what I've been referring to as the "Lenin moment" -- that is, the toppling of the statue of Saddam Hussein in Iraq. I must admit that it brought a smile to my face.

When I had a spare moment at work, I cruised some of the blogs, just to see what others were saying. The consensus on nearly all that I visited was that today was a very good day for the U.S. military, the Iraqi people and for the cause of freedom.

However, I also came across some links to the anti-American, Bush-haters over at Democratic Underground. (I'm not going to link to it, you can find it yourself, it's everywhere over at that site.)

I think it's probably a good thing if many of those people never find themselves within 100 yards of me.

When presented with television images of hundreds and thousands of Iraqis rejoicing in the streets of Baghdad and Basra, children freed from prison, Iraqis kissing U.S. soldiers, what is the common response among the liberal democrats over there?

Anger that the news media aren't showing pictures of children unintentionally wounded by U.S. and coalition troops.

Anger that they only see thousands of people when there are several million people in Baghdad.

Despite the testimony of Iraqis to the tortures inflicted on Saddam's political opponents, one of Saddam's apologists wrote, his keyboard dripping with venom, that George W. Bush was far worse than Saddam. That George W. Bush would go down in history as one of the world's great butchers.

When presented with evidence of the liberation of the Iraqi people, the haters over at DU had a choice: "Am I going to stick to my preconceived worldview, or am I going to believe my lying eyes?"

The consensus is that their hatred of George W. Bush, the American military and, ultimately, the Iraqi people, blinds them to the truth. Comfortable in their cocoon of hatred, they close their eyes to the outside world. Hate is easier.

1:53 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™