WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Saturday, July 13, 2002
On a light note: Since I've moved, I've had to find some new things. New restaurants, new shortcuts, and a new barber. I got my hair cut today. Worst haircut I've had in my entire life. I asked for a flattop -- I got something that my elderly father calls a "roby." (sp?) It was simlar to an extra-wide mohawk, except the sides weren't quite bald. After taking some digital photos for posterity (no, I'm not posting them here -- unless someone puts a load of money in my tip jar), I now have a buzzcut.

Why is it that some hairstylists are ashamed to just say that they can't do a particular haircut? I must confess, I've been butchered getting flattops before, but never to the point where the only way to salvage it was just cut nearly all of my hair off. One of my college roomates, Matt Winslow, used to do great haircuts -- without any "professional" training. Why are flattops so tough for some people?

I guess I've learned my lesson when visiting a new barber/hairstylist. Pointedly ask them if they can do it. Not if they can "try." Not if they "think they can."

9:18 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™