WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Tuesday, May 21, 2002
I'm definitely not getting on The American Prospect's list of best liberal bloggers by attacking them, but, you want to talk about stupid:


HOW IS STAR WARS RACIST? LET US COUNT THE WAYS. Tapped finds it disturbing that Star Wars creator and philosopher king George Lucas still can't understand why anyone got p.o.-ed about Jar Jar Binks. Furthermore, we found the scene in Attack of the Clones, in which Anakin Skywalker wantonly slaughters a village worth of wigwam-inhabiting Tuskan Raiders who have kidnapped a white woman, to be uncomfortably reminiscent of a scene from this country's troubled expansionist history. Still, all of that said, this is ridiculous.


Let's say this again: Jar Jar Binks, while annoying, is a Gungan. A space alien. They don't really exist, except in the real world-challenged victims at the NAACP and TAP.

Secondly, Skywalker and his slaughter of the Tuskan Raiders: He's becoming Darth Vader. Darth Vader is evil. Slaughtering innocents is evil.

All that said, I will leave this issue with this little anecdote.

When I was 5 years old, I saw my first PG-rated film: "Star Wars." As Darth Vader stepped through the blasted door clothed in black with the sinster helmet my father leaned over to me and said: "You know it's only a movie. It's not real."

I responded: "Yes, Dad. I know."

If I can "get it" at age 5, then why can't these, supposedly intelligent adults get it?

2:40 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™