WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Thursday, March 21, 2002
Hillary Rosen of the Recording Industry Association of America comes up with the following gem regarding an anti-piracy bill that was introduced by Sen. Fritz "Cash and Carry" Hollings ($-S.C.): "We have been, and continue to be, eager to work out a voluntary solution, for that is in the best interests of everyone involved, especially the American consumer."

Excuse me a moment while I regain my composure. Rosen and the RIAA are the same ones pushing all kinds of "copy protection" schemes on CDs that won't let me mix music I own using my CD-burner. Won't let me save archive MP3s on my computer (my brother-in-law still has my Dixie Chicks CD that was stuck in my car CD player when I pulled it out of my old car) in case I lose a CD, and won't let me download music to an MP3 player.

She's concerned about the best interests of everyone, especially the consumer? By the RIAA's position that there is no "fair use" of copyrighted material, she's not thinking anything of the consumer. She and the RIAA are only thinking of the almighty dollar.

5:06 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™