WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Harriet Miers: OK, my biggest complaint thus far about the president's nominee to replace Justice Sandra Day O'Connor is the fact that there should be a "y" somewhere in her last name.

The thing that worries me most about Miers is what her judicial philosophy really is and how "deeply-held" it is. I like my Constitution dead and my Supreme Court justices fully grown.

A couple of good things about the nomination: 1) I like that she didn't go to Harvard, Yale or Stanford law schools. The awe or respect regarded those "elite" law schools and their products is just a little too elitist for me. 2) Similarly, I like that she didn't once clerk for a Supreme Court justice for the same reason. 3) I think the whole "judicial experience" "requirement" to be overrated and unnecessary.

In a development that caused me minor heart palpitations when I heard it was Sen. Harry Reid's support for Miers. How big a fool is Reid going to look like (I mean bigger than he looks already) when he votes for Miers after he's voted against Chief Justice John Roberts? Of course, this is the same idiot Senator who thinks Justice Clarence Thomas is a horrible writer and then points to his opinion in a case where Thomas wrote only a one paragraph dissent.

12:15 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™