WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Krugmanwatch coming to an end?: I'm skeptical that this Washington Post story on House Democrats' move to address retirement savings might eventually mean an alternative plan for fixing Social Security would be forthcoming. According to the article, Democrats continue to refuse to even discuss the issue until President Bush and the GOP vow to stop suggesting any form of voluntary personal accounts.

I've said before that when Democrats come out with a plan, that is when I'll be able to take the banners down -- because that is when New York Times columnist Paul Krugman will finally make good on his promise and come out with praise for whatever the Democrat plan is.

Frankly, I'm surprised that I've had to do these banners for so long, but a real plan for Social Security is so much tougher to do than the typical Krugman hackery -- I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

1:44 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™