WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Back on the airwaves: NBC teased Thursday's "Today" show which will feature a Katie Couric interview with discredited former ambassador Joseph Wilson.

I'm going to go way out on a very sturdy limb and predict a huge softball interview (and with my body clock so out of whack from jet lag and a drastically changed sleep schedule here in Rhode Island, I very well may be up in time to watch it).

Among the items that I predict will not make an appearance in the interview are:

Wilson will not be confronted with his lie that his wife, CIA operative Valerie Plame, had nothing to do with his trip to Niger.

Wilson will not be confronted with his lie that there was no evidence indicating that Iraq had sought uranium from Niger.

Neither the UK's Butler Commission report, nor the Senate Intelligence Committee report that demonstrated that the infamous "sixteen words" in Bush's 2003 State of the Union address were accurate will be mentioned.

Wilson will not be challenged on his assertion that he knew some Niger forgeries were fakes because the "names were wrong and the dates were wrong" when he'd never seen the documents in the first place.

Wilson will instead, I predict, be portrayed as a victim of the evil Bush administration and Karl Rove.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'll be shocked if I am. Journalism's wounds are self-inflicted.

7:56 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™