WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Monday, May 02, 2005
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Let me start by saying that I've read all five books of the Hitchhiker's trilogy (Yes, I know that's not proper English), and both of Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently books. I went into the theater knowing that no film could do the books justice, but hopeful that the movie would be entertaining nonetheless.

After having sat in the theater and watched the film, my feeling is summed up thusly: Ennnnhhhh.

The special effects are impressive.

The movie's not really funny. There's a laugh or two in it, but when I read Adams' books -- especially after not having read them for a couple of years -- I usually let out a chuckle every few pages.

There's very little chuckling here. Zaphod Beeblebrox is a nut in the movie, not the hoopy frood guy from the books. His third arm makes a couple of cameo appearances and he's got two faces, not two heads.

If you're a fan of the books, I encourage you to go to a matinee. If you're not, then take a pass and read the books.

1:05 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™