WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Friday, February 25, 2005
Joseph Perkins quits: The San Diego Union-Tribune's conservative columnist, Joseph Perkins, last day is today. His final column can be found here. I'm going to miss Joseph, not least of all because he once bought me lunch at Hooters.

The thing that sticks in my memory most about Joseph was a touch football game a couple of years back between the Union-Tribune's "word" people and "design" people. I was on the design team and I didn't know Joseph except by reputation. On one play Joseph managed to get a step on the defender downfield and ended up making an incredible, acrobatic catch for a 30-some yard gain.

I wish him all the best.

And no, they haven't offered me Joseph's old job.

2:21 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™