WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Thursday, November 25, 2004
Very close: The nearly-final results are in for the race for Washington governor, and Republican Dino Rossi came out ahead -- by a mere 42 votes. More than 2.7 million votes were cast in the race.

This will provide ample evidence to Washington State civics teachers as they encourage high school seniors how important it is to vote.

While Washington goes through a hand recount over the next few weeks, the closeness of the election is worrisome because of the potential for voter fraud. There is no evidence of widespread voter fraud in Washington state, but with just 42 votes separating the two major party candidates for governor it doesn't take much to change the outcome of the election.

I must confess that the past couple of times I've voted here in San Diego County, I've been ... difficult. I haven't brought my sample ballot with me and I've been asked to show ID. It's a reasonable request -- but it's illegal in California to ask for ID. Democrats and their liberal allies have repeatedly quashed efforts to require ID, saying that such a request can intimidate minority voters and disenfranchise the homeless. So, each time I've been asked, I've informed the poll worker that he is not allowed to make such a request and then I go ahead and vote.

I'd like people to get angry about potential voter fraud and support commonsense laws to ensure that everyone who votes is eligible.

Unfortunately, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

10:17 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™