WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Tuesday, November 02, 2004
Exit polls, etc.: I've been reading Drudge, National Review, Instapundit and all sorts of other blogs and news sites for the past couple of hours -- along with flipping from news channel to news channel. Frankly I'm sick of it. Exit polls are meaningless and often inaccurate.

As the returns start to come in tonight I would hope that the TV media would think twice before they call states -- allowing at least absentee ballots to be counted before they start declaring winners. In past elections I've always been flabbergasted by graphics showing a winner being declared, and, at the bottom in small type, the words: "0% of precincts reporting." This reveals that the call is based only on exit polls and not on actual votes. Needless to say that the exit polls are less than trustworthy.

I'd rather have a late night than have to watch the media doing flip-flops as actual votes are counted.

I'd also hope that the networks avoid calling states altogether if polls are still open anywhere in the state -- especially Florida (because polls in the panhandle are open one hour later than those in the rest of the state).

Having said that, I'm going to take a nap until polls actually start closing -- and I have to go into work.

If you haven't voted, then make sure you get to the polls. Remember, make my co-workers miserable tonight -- they deserve it.

3:27 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™