WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Saturday, August 14, 2004
The Olympics: I'm generally cool to the Olympics as they have been presented by NBC for the past couple decades. It's a sporting event -- cover it like one.

Setting that complaint aside, I'm watching synchronized diving. Why? There's no underwater basketweaving on. I'm of the opinion that synchronized anything isn't a sport. Heck, I thought curling was more interesting this.

Anyway, what interested me enough to even write this much about it? A statement made by the color commentators:


The Chinese take synchronized diving very seriously.


I think I'll stick to watching the Iraqi soccer team.

2:01 PM

Comments:
The Olympics were designed for TiVo. Allows you to FF through all the crap and backstory to see actual competition.
 
I agree with watching Iraq. Most Olympics spports are boring. At least now they have beach vaollyball and aother interesting sports.
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™