WALL STREET JOURNAL
NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
DRUDGE REPORT
THE WASHINGTON POST
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
NEW YORK TIMES








Matthew Hoy currently works as a metro page designer at the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The opinions presented here do not represent those of the Union-Tribune and are solely those of the author.

If you have any opinions or comments, please e-mail the author at: hoystory -at- cox -dot- net.

Dec. 7, 2001
Christian Coalition Challenged
Hoystory interviews al Qaeda
Fisking Fritz
Politicizing Prescription Drugs

RSS FEED
<< current


Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More













A note on the Amazon ads: I've chosen to display current events titles in the Amazon box. Unfortunately, Amazon appears to promote a disproportionate number of angry-left books. I have no power over it at this time. Rest assured, I'm still a conservative.



Monday, June 07, 2004
Defending Kerry: John Kerry, the presumptive Democrat nominee for president, struck the right tone in his statement on Ronald Reagan's death.

Others, at Daily Kos, Democratic Underground and (predictably) Ted Rall have not been so...human.

I actually called up the Michael Medved show earlier today as Medved was asking for people to come up with similarities between Reagan and Kerry. I wasn't listening at what prompted the question, but I called up to defend Kerry -- a little.

I think Ronald Reagan and John Kerry both love America.

I don't think Kerry is right on the vast majority of the issues. I don't think a Kerry presidency would be a good thing for the country. I could go on about the things that I don't like about John Kerry...

But I do think that Kerry loves America.

Medved made it into a big joke. "Yes, Kerry loves French culture. He loves French food."

Yes. Amusing.

But I'm not going to contribute to the river of hatred that's running through American politics while we mourn the passing of Ronald Reagan.

There's plenty of time for that later.

10:53 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Pro™